Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Strangest Situation - Longest Delay - Total Confusion

hi,

For the benefit of all, i would like to share my experience with everybody. Below is the sequence of things that happened to me.

-->2005 Quota - Consultant A filed for H1B ,
    Response: Application returned back by USCIS due to excess of Applications(No Lottery Then)

-->2006 Quota - Same Consultant A applied for H1B.
    Response Application Approved by Vermont Service Center.

-->Attended Visa interview at Chennai Consulate,
    Response:VO gave 221(g) asking to drop the documents and Passport in drop box.

--> All Documents submitted in the drop box,
    Response: Got a mail from Consulate with another 221(g). " Case Sent back to USCIS for Processing" no additional documents requested.
    long delay.. no response from either Consulate\Employer\USCIS..
    --> July, 2008: Online Case Status shows that the Case was transferred to the California Service Center for further processing.

--> Still Waiting.....

Does any know what could be story behind all this? I have never seen anything like it? ....

Is there any outcome to all this delay??

Those who could figure out a response for me please respond, for others its probably information that such things do happen..

Thanks for reading...

USCIS can now re-affirm the case or revoke it if they feel that they erroneously approved the case. If they re-affirm the case, employer will get a reaffirmation notice and you should take it to the consulate for the visa this time.

Your employer could have followed up with USCIS by opening a service ticket through his lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response,

I hope USCIS gives a positive response. Its strange as even when my case was originally approved it took a longer time than normal and USCIS asked for additional documents before approving it. I would totally surprised if they decide to revoke my case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X