H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

So I was supposed to start working with Lehman Brothers next week but they've filed for bankruptcy today. I was supposed to get my H1B this October. What happens now? Will my visa still come through. If I find another job before Oct. 1 can it be transferred?

If you have proof of H1b approval in the form of a receipt number, it can be transferred to another employer before Oct 1st. Are you already in US on some status?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I was here on F1. I graduated in May. I'm currently on my OPT but my 90 days of unemployment will be over on the 28th of September. I don't have a receipt since the company only told me that I'd got the visa over the phone and never sent me anything. Can I get a copy of it from USCIS?

Comment

Follow up with the company HR person for the receipt number. USCIS will not give you ANY info on the case. You need that to transfer your case to a new employer to prove that you have been cap counted.

They will rescind your offer most likely and they will be more than glad to help you with the transfer. One of the companies that I used to work for gave such people around 5k-10k to be on the goodwill when they rescinded their offer during the downturn of 2001.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks. One last question. Do I need to be working on the 1st of October? what happens if I'm not?

Comment

Originally posted by anon121
            Thanks. One last question. Do I need to be working on the 1st of October? what happens if I'm not?
            You fall out of status. If the H1b is approved, you are no longer on F1/OPT.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X