Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 or OPT .... Friends need ur help

Hi all,

I completed my masters last month that AUGUST 08. My OPT starts from october 3rd 2008. Actually I filed H1 this year and got approved which starts october 1st 08. SO I have both OPT and H1 staring from october. Now finally I decided to chose H1 to be my status. I want to go India at end of october or in early november for a duration of 3 months.

Will I have any problem traveling to India. I need to get my H1 stamped if i have to go to India, Where and when would be better to get stamped?
    What if H1 is rejected, Will my OPT be Valid at that time or not?

I heard that if OPT and H1 starts from same time your OPT gets void automatically. Is that true?

Please suggest me!
    Thanks

Originally posted by prats2147
    Now finally I decided to chose H1 to be my status.
    You don't get to choose anything. A H1b COS approval voids your F1 status and in turn your OPT. You don't have option but have to be on H1b only!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Thank a lot for your reply.
      Can you suggest me anything about stamping?
      When and wher to get stamped if I wish to travel India.

Comment

Spend time reading posts on the forum from other users and experiences and make up your mind as to what suits you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X