Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 help please

Hello all ,

First thanks a lot for all, who helped me for my H1B stamping ..
    I am in USA and I doing good.
    Now Its my wife to apply for H4 visa ,Can you suggest me what are the documents required ?
    My case is bit weird .., We got married in may 2006 but we haven't register the marriage yet. Now I am planning to visit India this NOV and get our marriage registered.
    Can anyone suggest me what date will I get in my marriage certificate ? My actual traditional marriage date or date of registration ?
    Will this be a problem at the time of Visa Interview ?
    What date (Marriage date) should she mention on her application form ?
    Can seniors help me out in this please ?

Registration can be done late and usually if you prove that the actual ceremony happened on XYZ date in the form of an invitation, witness, marriage hall bookings etc, the date of marriage will be there on the certificate. Registration date can be different.

DO NOT LIE!!!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your reply ..

Can you please tell me what documents should I send her for her H4 ?
      Should I send my Original I797 ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by varmainfor
        Thanks for your reply ..

Can you please tell me what documents should I send her for her H4 ?
        Should I send my Original I797 ?

thanks
        No, just send copy of it. (You can send I-797 but VO will create problem, better that don't take risk.ok)

Comment

Hi,

I am also having the same issue . as my wife is going for H4 and my company lost original I-797A , we have the photocopy of the same.
          And after going through the forums and reply from the seniors - Photocopy will do as now because of the PIMS system - VO can verify the authenticity of the I-797 Documents.
          Also , I searched for more information and it says that for CHENNAI consulate - you require Photcopy only.
          But for rest - its written Original but maybe that was before PIMS System came into picture

--Abhay
          ==============================
          Senior Memebers , Please confirm

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X