Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 interview without pay stubs or pay slips

Hello!

Would it be alright to go for H4 interview while the principal (H1B holder) has not yet left for the U.S.?

I just got my H1B stamp last week but my wife and kids already have an appointment for H4 interview on first week October.

Any comments is much appreciated.

Thanks!

That should be fine. If asked as to why you all did not attend together, better have a good answer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. You my employer told me that I should go for an interview first and make sure I get the H1B stamp. Then my dependents can follow and should have no problems getting the H4 stamp. Before getting into this forum, I always thought going ahead for the interview is the best option. Now I have to come up with a good answer as to why we didn't go together.

Comment

Originally posted by doobi
        thanks for the quick reply. You my employer told me that I should go for an interview first and make sure I get the H1B stamp. Then my dependents can follow and should have no problems getting the H4 stamp. Before getting into this forum, I always thought going ahead for the interview is the best option. Now I have to come up with a good answer as to why we didn't go together.
        No, your employer is wrong, you can apply with togather. late apply is cause some problems, but if you apply as soon as possible then your dependents get visa, after it's depend on VO too. some VO not accept you case. best luck

Comment

My dependents are scheduled for interview on first week October 2008. During my interview I ask the officer what my dependents should bring during interview and she said to bring paystubs. Since txh1b said it should be alright for interview without paystubs, what other concerns should they prepare themselves for? thanks

Comment

hi. Should my dependents go for October interview or wait until I get some paystubs? Again thank you for your insights

Comment

hey guys! shed me some light here. Thank you!

Comment

Paystubs are needed only if you are already in the US and working. If you want your family to wait for it, you could choose to. No harm in trying if your employer is decent and reputed and you have a job and are not coming to US on some fictitious "inhouse" project.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the reply txhb1. Much appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X