H1b transfer gap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer gap.

My husband is working with Lehman on H1. now as the company has filed bankruptcy, company will give lay-off at any time and they will cancel the h1b. once company cancel h1, within how many days or weeks, do we need to transfer h1?

Seniors and attorney, pls. reply me as we are really worried. some consultant companies say that you need to do it asap otherwise you will be out of status and they are not giving good deal.

Thanks in advance.

Apply for transfer on or before the day your husband loses his job. After that Out of Status and status changes/extensions are hard.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Same is the case with one of my friend.
      He is employed with an Indian firm which in turn has sent him to work for Lehman. The Indian firm has his H1.
      They still do not know how long will they keep him.

When should they get the H1 transfered to some other employer to avoid illegal stay in the US ?
      Asking this because they still do not know what they'll be out and if it happens all of a sudden then what should be done ?

Comment

They should get started on the transfer NOW!!!!!! They can continue to work as long after the transfer has been filed and if they get laid off, they can join the new employer immediately on the pending transfer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X