Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for H1B Extension from 9 months

Hi,

My extension was applied in Jan'08 and am waiting for its approval. My details are:

H1 filing date: 01/25/2008
    H1 type (New, Extension, Transfer): EXTENSION
    H1 filing type (Normal/Premium):NORMAL
    RFE issued date:06/04/2008
    RFE issued processing center:CSC
    RFE short explanation: NOT AVAILABLE
    RFE reply date: 08/26/2008
    RFE reply type (FAX, Post):FedEx
    Case Status (Approval/Denial/Pending): PENDING
    LUD (Last updated date):08/26/2008
    Online Current Message: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

I want to know whether any one of you have pending petition in USCIS from this many months... Its been more than 9 months.

Thanks for your time!

Note that you can work only upto 240 days past the I-94 date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Note that you can work only upto 240 days past the I-94 date.
      Thanks txh1b for this information...I have more than two months pending to work from I-94 end date.

I would like to know if any of the reader is facing same delay by USCIS?

Comment

H1 approval pending and I-94 expired...pls advise!

Hello Everyone...

I am in really need of some suggestion who faced this sitution or could have some answer!!!

I have applied for H1 transfer last year. Current status shows, on Aug 8 2007 Case received and Status Pending. I have called USCIS multiple times from last year and they say investigation in progress. So far, my employer has not received any enquiry on my case. He has also checked with lawyer and said we can't apply for premium processing now and nothing can be done on this case. Also, my I-94 is expired on Oct 1st 2008.
        Please advice what could be done in this case and what are the problems will be faced if proper actions are not taken at this time.

Thank you for your time and any response is highly appreciated!!!

Raj

Comment

First of all I am curious as to how an extension was applied in August 2007 while I-94 expires in Oct 2008? H1b renewal can be done 6 months prior to expiration.

Why does the lawyer think premium is not possible? Is it because your delay is for security check and PP does not help in such cases?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

First, thanks for reply. I have not submitted for renewal. I have changed the company, so applied for H1 transfer in regular processing and that's in pending state now from Aug 2007.

Lawyer was saying since the case is pending due to FBI investigation in progress...even if we apply for premium processing now it is not going to change it's state.

- Raj

Comment

The attorney is right, security check delays are excluded from PP. You just have to wait.

Comment

Hi,

Continuing thread, I have an update. I left US as my 240 days period ended after I-94 expired.

I got 2nd RFE from USCIS on 4th December. Details of RFE is not known yet. I want to ask knowledgeble members of this forum, what is possibility of my H-1B Extension approval now.

Its been more than 11 months my application was filed

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Probably about your I-94 record being closed as you were out of country. They would likely approved the H1b but not EOS.

Comment

Waiting for H1B Extension from 1 year and 3 months

Hi,

My H1B extension is still pending after 2 RFEs are replied in timely manner. Could any body guide me what does it mean for me.

Can a fresh H1B petition be filed on my behalf?

Can my company file L1B petition on my behalf?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

H1 extension waiting time

I know a person who has been waiting for 7 months for H1b extension. She had received RFE a couple of times. Why has the extension waiting period becoming so long lately? Probably due to the current economic condition?

Comment

Waiting for H1B Extension for more than a year

Could anybody guide me on this issue? Should I consider that H-1B extension will be rejected as its in process for more than a year?

Comment

After waiting 1 year and 5 months, my petition is approved.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X