Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-b EAD overriding OPT EAD!!

Hi,

I have recently graduated (August 22) and requested for my OPT start date to August 25,'08 (not approved yet. status says: case received and pending). I have applied for H1-b through a consultant in April '08 and I was approved. As the previous posts say, my OPT will automatically gets canceled and from October 1, H1-b status will start. I have a few questions...

1. Is there a way I can stay on OPT with out converting to H1-b (like some kind of deferring the start date of the H1-b) ?
    2. I am looking for a regular full time job. If I get converted to H1-b this Oct 1, I will have to wait atleast 2 months starting Oct 1(for two pay stubs for H1-b transfer) before I can take a full time offer, is that right ?

Thanks in advance. Your response is greatly appreciated.

1. No
    2. No need to wait 2 months. As soon as you have a paycheck, you are good to go if you are maintaining the status, getting paid and working.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X