Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Gap

Hi,

I have a question on H4 visa processing.

My H1B has been processed in Oct 2007 and i went for stamping in Dec07 but entered US in Apr2008 and got the project in the mid of Jul2008. My pay stubs start generating from mid of the Jul08 as my employer did not paid me during the bench period.

Iam continuously in the same H1 status and iam getting the pay continously from jul 08 onwards.

Iam planning to send my wife for H4 stamping to the chennai counslate in the month of oct 2008 with 5/6 pay stubs. I would like to know whether the gap between my arrival and start of my project will create any problem

Is there any chance of asking what i have done during that period and why i didn't get any payment. If question arises what could be the best reason i can give.

Hoping for an immediate reply

Thanks in advance

Murali

Please some one reply to this question. Iam waiting for the reply

Comment

Depends. You need to complain against the employer and demand your pay as that is the LAW! Otherwise, be prepared for more problems during your stamping and especially during your green card where every tiny detail about you is dug into.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X