Departure from US recorded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departure from US recorded

This is related to the famous "leap frog". Does CBP actually record that you have traveled out of the country before Oct 1st, by road or even if we submit the current i-94 to the airline company ??

So, logically, you could travel on Oct 1st by road, get into Canada or Mexico, turn around and get back to the US the same day in few hours. CBP, is not aware if you left the country on sept 29 or Apr 29 or Oct 1st ...

Traveling back on Oct 2nd, could mean that you were in the US on Oct 1st on H1.

Life is beautiful

Senior Members,

Please comment on this arguement!! It would help a lot of us with the same confusion.

Thanks,

Sadhvi.

Comment

Originally posted by clwtrz
      This is related to the famous "leap frog". Does CBP actually record that you have traveled out of the country before Oct 1st, by road or even if we submit the current i-94 to the airline company ??

So, logically, you could travel on Oct 1st by road, get into Canada or Mexico, turn around and get back to the US the same day in few hours. CBP, is not aware if you left the country on sept 29 or Apr 29 or Oct 1st ...

Traveling back on Oct 2nd, could mean that you were in the US on Oct 1st on H1.

Life is beautiful
      It will be recorded in a round about manner with your Canada entry stamp. You should leave before 12.00 am of Oct 1st and can return after 12:00 am of Oct 1st again with your new I-94.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X