Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension Stamping

Hi,
    I am currently in US and my h1b extension was till 06/2010.I recently quit my job and joined another company,the new company has processed my H1B and the new h1x visa expiration date is 09/2011.
    My wife was in US till aug 2008 and then she went back to India due to medical reasons and she is in Delhi presently
    Her dependent h4 visa extn was valid till 06/2010.Now I want her to come back to US .She had her initial h4 stamping at Chennai consulate.
    where should I apply for H4 extn is it ok that I can apply in Delhi Consulate for her.Is this allowed?
    The new company has given me just my h1b x papers not her , they say she can go to US consulate with old H4 extn paper ? is it fine? if not
    What all documents are needed from my side and from my new company?

She can go with your H1 papers but she needs the H4 extension papers to prove that she has never remained in US being out of status if questioned.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

More Clarifications needed

Hi,
      Thank you for clarification,
      So I understand that She can go to delhi consulate and with my new H1B papers(copy) and her H4 extension papers(issued by my previous employer).

Does it mean there is no jurisdication issues over chennai and delhi consulate

She was in US from Dec 2007 till Aug 2008 with valid documents and ITINs,entry and exit dates on passport , who can she "prove that she has never remained in US being out of status"???

Comment

She can go with what she has for the stamping. She better carry proof that she has been in Delhi and meets the residency qualifications which generally do not apply for extension visas.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X