Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 without marriage certificate

Hi All,

I got my H1 visa stamped on 18th sep from Mumbai consulate. I am still in india and I want H4 for my wife and daughter. The problem is we don't have marriage certificate, but in my passport my wife name (the same name as in her passport) is there as spouse name. also in my wife's passport, my name is there as spouse name. so can she get H4 without marriage certificate. or if i would get letter from my employer that describes the relationship between me and my wife. would it be sufficient? also we have marriage affidavit from notary. can these documents be sufficient enough to prove our relationship to get her H4.

Thanks in advance.
    Pradeep

Please carry other things related to your marriage like invitation card, photo album etc.

Comment

Thanks dear for instant reply.

Comment

Hmmm...Somebody getting personal , huh?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Really?

Comment

I think ...

... that was directed to PAGARWAL for using the word "dear" in a direct address.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Yes, I understood that. But thought thats the normal way of addressing for some ppl withou anything personal

Cheers!

Comment

Sorry, my friend ...

... you cannot use "dear" in a direct address without adding the first/last name or an identifier.

Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X