Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - H1 COS and H1 Trans from Oct 1

Hi,
    I'm Working for Comp A on L1, Comp B applied for COS from L1 - H1 which will be valid from Oct 1st, i got an offer from Comp C; can i get my H1 Transferred to Comp C immedeatley from Oct 1st.

Yes, you can have them file the transfer now. Remember, no L1 work after Oct 1st.

Go through the FAQs in my signature.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Then i can immedeatley transfer H1 to another company right.
      but we dont have pay slips also from Comany A, will my L1 pay stubs work at that time

Comment

Pay stubs represents that you are maintaining your status. If you are not on H1b status, where does pay stub come into picture? Your proof of being on L1 goes with L1 pay stubs.

You have to understand the basics of why the requirements exist and not blindly follow a checklist.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

So, Is it possible to continue on a valid L1 status after Oct 1st and still do a H1 transfer from a company who sponsored the H1 to another employer ?
          I havent heard from my company after IKE :P

Comment

Originally posted by clwtrz
            So, Is it possible to continue on a valid L1 status after Oct 1st
            No. If it is a COS, you cannot continue on L1 unless a leapfrog happens.

Originally posted by clwtrz
            still do a H1 transfer from a company who sponsored the H1 to another employer ?
            Yes. Has to be filed before Oct 1st and then you start working for the new employer on Oct 1st using AC21. If you do leapfrog, you can transfer the H1b to any employer later on and continue on L1.

Comment

Yes, I will be doing the leap frog .. not on the bus from San Diego ..

I will find a new employer (gave 3k to the first co.) ASAP and initiate the h1 transfer. Im wondering how much time I have after Oct 1st for me to make that transfer.

I will have a valid L1 status and the all the paystubs required to prove it.

Appreciate your response.

Comment

Sorry, dint see your response at the end of the post...
                That answers my question....

Thank you very much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X