Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Stamping question

Hello,

I had a H1B Stamping from my previous employer that expired last year. Prior to expiry, I changed my employer. So, currently, my family (wife and kids including self) does not have a valid VISA stamping on our passports but have an I-94 since I am with a new employer now.

My passport is expiring in June 09. We are planning to visit India next year. Could someone review my situation and advise what I should do for my travel?

1. Should I renew my passport prior to my travel since it will be expiring in June 09?
    2. Is it a must for me to travel with my family for my wife and kids to get a H4 stamping in the US Consulate in Chennai to return to US? Or they can get their H4 stamping by themselves if me and my company provides all the documents
    3. Is there a way to get the new VISA stamping while in US?

Many thanks for your help!!

1. Not a necessity but good to have it renewed as some POE officers give I-94 till validity of passport.
    2. No. They can go by themselves.
    3. No.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

1. Since my visa is currently invalid, if I renew my passport here, will they give it for 10 years or just a year. If they give for a year, it may not make a a difference for the travel.

2. If my family get their stamping (with my new employer), I would still have my old employer's expired visa stamping. I'm assuming that is okay.

Thanks!!

Comment

1. 10 year.
        2.Yep

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

1. One of my kids was born here. If I get a PIO card for her, she should all set, right?

2. My wife and other child on H4 will need a stamping to return to US.

3. When they get a new stamping, they would give the VISA valid until my current approved I-94 date, correct? I just wanted to know the new i-94 they/we will get when reentering US

Thanks!

Comment

Any thoughts on the new VISA validity and new I-94 we will get? Thanks!

Originally posted by gajendrang
            1. One of my kids was born here. If I get a PIO card for her, she should all set, right?

2. My wife and other child on H4 will need a stamping to return to US.

3. When they get a new stamping, they would give the VISA valid until my current approved I-94 date, correct? I just wanted to know the new i-94 they/we will get when reentering US

Thanks!

Comment

Till the DOE of the new petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X