Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B-H1B COS, Case Pending in USCIS

Hi

I am currently on L1B. I have filed for H1B(2009) and the case is showing as pending in www.USCIS.gov.

1) Can I continue to work on L1B after OCT 1, 2008 also if the case is pending.
    I am asking this as I need to give atleast 2 weeks notice to my L1B employer.

2) If the H1B is approved before Oct 1, Can I continue to work on L1B and have the H1B employer not run my payroll till I join them.

Thanks
    Raj

1. Yes
    2. No. Once a COS is approved, you no longer hold L1 status and if you have a L2 in US, they fall out of status if they have not applied for a H4 COS.

If you want to continue on L1, leave and enter US and get a new I-94, while the petition is pending. This will void the COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1B-H1B COS, Case Pending in USCIS

Thank you TXH1B. Can you please clarify my last doubts.

<Quote>
      2. No. Once a COS is approved, you no longer hold L1 status and if you have a L2 in US, they fall out of status if they have not applied for a H4 COS.

If you want to continue on L1, leave and enter US and get a new I-94, while the petition is pending. This will void the COS. <Quote>

1) I did not file for H4 for my Family when I filed for H1B. Can I file it now or their status changes automatically.

2) After doing Leapfrog, can I file for COS to H1B employer.

3) If so, what is the time taken for approving it.

4) If so, when can I change to H1B. (after approval or after filing COS).

Comment

Read the many leapfrog threads on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X