H4 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1

My wife's H1B change of status application was approved with start date October 01, 2008 with company X. She is currently on H4 status with validity until 2011 (on her current I-797). Her new I-797 with company X shows validity until 2011

Now, she want apply SSN with new H1 on October 01.She asked to employer send my H1 Approval . They told "your H-1 petition was not approved to automatically transition her to H-1 status. We will need to file a change of status.We are waiting for to get on a project to change the status. With the geographic restriction. If we change your status without being a project, you will have H-1 status problems"..

My question is she Can not change her Status from H4 to H1 with out join the Job. Could you please to me on this
    Thank You
    Sreeni

Ask employer for a copy of I797. If it came with an attached I-94, it was a COS. If not, you cannot apply for SSN until it is a COS or until you get a visa stamp of H1 and enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X