Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Consulate mentioned as "Mumbai" on Form I797B , can i choose chennai US consual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Consulate mentioned as "Mumbai" on Form I797B , can i choose chennai US consual

Hi All -
    My brother who is currently working in India recently got his H1B approved and he received his I-797B notice of action. He is a resident of chennai,Tamilnadu ( India ) and currently works in Chennai,India ( for the last 2 years ). His passport is issued by the passport office in Madurai, Tamilnadu ( India )

The I-797B shows the following details

Receipt # WAC-08-145-xxxx
    Case Type # I-129
    Notice Date # September 10,2008
    Petitioner # YYYY
    Petition validity # 10/01/2008 to 08/31/2008
    Number of workers # 1
    Name # xxx
    DOB # xxx
    COB # India
    Class consulate or POE # H1B Mumbai
    occ code # 030

He has booked his appointment with the Chennai US Consulate for H1B visa stamping for Oct 17,2008 at 745 am and here is the question

- Since the class consulate or POE is mentioned as "H1B Mumbai" is it mandatory for my brother to appear for H1B stamping at Mumbai or can he appear at chennai ?
    - Will there be any delays if he appears at Chennai US consulate since the class consulate on approval is mentioned as Mumbai ?

Senior members please help me on this regard !

Thank you all.

He has to attend in Chennai. These consulting companies play such tricks by choosing Mumbai as the consulate in the application. If a person gos to Mumbai, the VO will turn them back to chennai. Wasted time, money, confidence level and morale.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      He has to attend in Chennai. These consulting companies play such tricks by choosing Mumbai as the consulate in the application. If a person gos to Mumbai, the VO will turn them back to chennai. Wasted time, money, confidence level and morale.
      You must have to apply with your current Residence or employments provience. because VO ask for Supporting docs like bank statements , Pay slips, Tax return on that VO knows that you are comming from which region. so, if he is staying at Tamilnadu better apply at Chennai. USCIS mistakes lots. doesnt matter if written CC or POE is Mumbai.
      Last edited by OMM; 09-25-2008, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
        USCIS mistakes lots.
        No, It isn't a USCIS mistake. Form I129 asks which consulate to notify.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          No, It isn't a USCIS mistake. Form I129 asks which consulate to notify.
          yes, my was 2 mistakes , one is in name Omm kumar they eaten A from kumar and second they also mistake in CC POE. in I-129 is correct. sometimes they mistake its lots.. even on forum see some people written mistake about DOB etc.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
            yes, my was 2 mistakes , one is in name Omm kumar they eaten A from kumar and second they also mistake in CC POE. in I-129 is correct. sometimes they mistake its lots.. even on forum see some people written mistake about DOB etc.
            We are talking about the consulate being mistakenly chosen by USCIS not typos in names. A consulate cannot be a typo. Got it?

Page 2, Part 4.1 here /show-form/i-129

Comment

my to mistake mumbai instead of S.africa. they told me go to mumbai and after mumbai people not accepted I back to S.africa finaly. in I-797 mentioned is Mumbai instead of S.africa (but it's mentioned in I-129).

Comment

OMM, I am unable to understand some of your posts, please simplify your language.

Comment

He definitely will have good time once he enters on the H1b visa if the language barrier isn't fixed.

Comment

txh1b,
                    I second your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ramabalaji
                      txh1b,
                      I second your comment.
                      yes my lang. is not good but members understood it that's the big deal. and I studied in different language then india. it's doesnt matter.. still you people don't forget indian style to pull-up the legs of another people. ok forget it.. you are helping here to solve probs this is the my thinking. even I am working here for non english speaking countries softwares of italian spanish & african languages. have a good day.. and help to members.

Comment

There is no leg-pulling business here. I pointed out only when I did not understand your posts. So if I did not understand it, I'm sure other forum members will also have problems understanding it.

Appreciate your helping spirit though.

Comment

No leg pulling business here, Omm Kumar.

We are just mentioning that you really need to improve your language skills to succeed in your job in US. If this is the way you communicate by emails and in person at work or at the client site, they may have a problem with that. Communication skills matter the most in US, more than your technical knowledge.

No body is trying to insult you here.

p.s: I am happy that you have researched so much into H1b that many people with communication skills have not bothered to do that. I am sure you have worked hard for that.

Comment

Hi Omm Kumar,
                            No leg pulling or offence meant. I really appreciate your initiative in helping those who need your expert opinions whch are spot on.. You have researched well on H1B issues and are posting promptly your replies. Please keep it up.
                            Some times, we get confused about your wordings, as pointed out by orion.
                            If you read carefully about txh1b comments, what he meant was that you will be highly successful in USA but for your language barrier if it is not fixed. By this, what he meant was that you need to develop your communication skill in order to survive in USA and I seconded his statement.
                            For your own good, we, all, request you to put in some more efforts to improve your communication skills and we are sure that you will come out with flying colours.
                            Our best wishes are always with you.

Comment

H4 status with I797B

Please i need urgent help on this. I am on H4 from May 08 also have I797B(valid from 2008-2011) from company A.

I have an offer from company B,have to join by Dec 2nd week.

My questions are:
                              1) Should i apply two application one for COS and then ask company B to do my transfer of H1.
                              2)Is there any options that I can do both in the same application
                              3)If so then what will be the charge on this.

Will there be any problem for me to start working with company B

Please help me on this.

Thanks
                              Katakam

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X