Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel doc renewal

Hi,

I have a valid H1 visa and have filed I-485 (still pending ) with USCIS last year. My advance parole (I-131) is expiring soon and want to renew it to be able to travel outside US. Under the recent I-131 form , it seems I dont have to apply for an advance parole as long as my H1 is valid and I have a pending I-485. Am I correct? Or did I read it wrong? Would appreciate your help. Thank you and best regards.

Advance Parole

I have a valid H1 visa and have filed I-485 (still pending ) with USCIS last year. My advance parole (I-131) is expiring soon and want to renew it to be able to travel outside US. Under the recent I-131 form , it seems I dont have to apply for an advance parole as long as my H1 is valid and I have a pending I-485. Am I correct? Or did I read it wrong? Would appreciate your help. Thank you and best regards.

---- If you continue staying in the US, you don't need the AP. But if you intend travelling out of the country then you either need an AP or a stamped Visa on your Passport to renter US. You chose the options

Subramanya
    ----

Comment

advance parole needed?

Hi,

With regards to the advance parole, I read the updated version (05/08) of the form I-131 instructions . On the first page, it says if you are in the US and you intend to travel abroad, you need to have a valid H1 and I-485 has been filed on your behalf and is pending with USCIS. I just want a re-confirmation of that --- if I understood it correctly. I think it is just a great risk to travel outside the US without having to re-confirm it. Please help. Thanks again.

Arlene

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X