Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Status change

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 Visa Status change

    Hi ,

    I came thru ABC company on H1B Visa and joined some other company XYZ by transfering my H1B. I need to do my son's H4 stamping as my wife has already got H4 with my previous employer. Do I need to change my wife's H4 status to my current H1B along with my son's.

    My H1B is valid is till Oct 2009. If anyone has experienced similar kind of situation pls advise me.

    Thanks in advance.


  • #2
    H4 is not dependent on the employer. You just need your son's visa to be stamped.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.


    • #3
      H4 Visa Help!


      i was under a F1 student visa. I married my husband, and i received the approval from the immigration for a H4 visa.
      After a few months, i flew to France and when i got back it was a problem.
      Indeed, i didn't have the visa on my passport, i only had the approval from the immigration.
      After 30min in the office, they let me in the USA...
      I just didn't know i needed the visa ON my passport.
      And before i left, i called the immigration and they said it was ok, that i could come back... (they forgot to mention i had to pick up my visa at the ambassy.)

      So now my question is: where do it get my visa on my passport??
      Do i have to leave the country or can i do it from here (NYC)???

      Thanks for your answers, i'm very stressed because i have to travel in december again....
      PLEASE HELP!!!!!