Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFS USA question

Hello folks,

I am a H1B holder from India. I am traveling to India soon and I need to get my visa stamping done while I am there. Here's my status:

H1B-6 yrs done. 1 yr extension done. Now have 3 yr extension since 140 is also done.
    Labor, I140 done.
    485 Pending
    EAD/AP - approved.

My last visa stamping is from several years ago and it has expired already. I have the latest 797 approved for 3 yrs. Would there be a problem to get stamping in India because I am past 7 yrs of H1? Also, when searching for appointments with Chennai consulate, I found this intriguing question:

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*

As far as I understand this question, I should say yes, right? I mean, even though my stamping has expired, I have maintained my H1 status by filing for extensions and obtaining I-797s (which technically extends my I-94), so I should have no problems saying yes to this question, right??

Any comments/suggestions?

Hi,

As far in my opinion - that question is for the VISA and not your H1 Status.
    So it should be "NO" as your H1 visa expiry is more than 12 months.

--Abhay
    ==================
    Senior members , please confirm

Comment

The difference between saying yes/no to that question increases/decreases the number of available appointments to the user. Nothing more that that. The significance of that question as far as visa interview goes is probably NIL.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ok

Thanks guys for responding. I think I am a bit clear on what this actually means. Should I send an email to the Chennai consulate folks about this? Would they realistically reply? They haven't opened up late November appointments yet, so I have a little bit of time to get this right.

Appreciate all the help and advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X