Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel home country after new H1 transfer approved

Hi,

I am working for a company A and got offer from Company B and the new company B applied for a H1 transfer and got approved. And I am still working for company A and I would like to go to my home country and wanted to join the New company once I come back to US. Please Let me If there is any issue here...?

Thanks,
    Shireesh

No issues. Just carry the approval notice of B and show it when you enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Travel home country after new H1 transfer approved

Thanks for the reply....while coming back to US, What if I show my old company's H1 petition in the immigration check and work for few more days and then join company B.

Thanks,
      Shireesh

Comment

Generally, I-94 is annotated with the name of the company upon entry. You also risk the I-94 being issued till the DOE of old company.

It may be possible but I would not recommend it. Talk to your attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Travel home country after new H1 transfer approved

Thanks for the reply and one last question....As you said in the previously reply, to show the new company petition during immigration....In that case can I work for old company for few more days and then join company....?

Comment

The same reply answers your new question as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X