Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Interview for 2009

Hi Guys,

I am Indian Software employee and got H1B visa lottery picked up for 2009 quota, I received all documents from my consultant last week, but I am currently in Denmark for On site assignment and will stay here for 1 more year. I came to Denmark before 2 weeks(and have no plans to go to India in next 6 months).
    I have two queries,
    1)Will I be able to attend Personal interview here in Denmark.
    2)When will be last date usually for attending personal interview for 2009 slot.
    3)what do you recommend
    Rgds,
    Harish

Hi Can some one help this query

Comment

Originally posted by harish_aginati
      Hi Guys,

I am Indian Software employee and got H1B visa lottery picked up for 2009 quota, I received all documents from my consultant last week, but I am currently in Denmark for On site assignment and will stay here for 1 more year. I came to Denmark before 2 weeks(and have no plans to go to India in next 6 months).
      I have two queries,
      1)Will I be able to attend Personal interview here in Denmark.
      2)When will be last date usually for attending personal interview for 2009 slot.
      3)what do you recommend
      Rgds,
      Harish
      yes, you can apply at Denmark consulate/embassy but you have to follow the rules of that country like residence permit etc, better ask to USA consulate but as per my opinion you will apply from Denmark, and your H1B will start from mentioned date on I-797B reciept. best luck

Comment

Hi OMM

Originally posted by OMM
        yes, you can apply at Denmark consulate/embassy but you have to follow the rules of that country like residence permit etc, better ask to USA consulate but as per my opinion you will apply from Denmark, and your H1B will start from mentioned date on I-797B reciept. best luck
        I have read in this forum saying if you are residing in a country(I am on a work permit in my case) from more then 6 months you can attend personal interview in that country. But I came to Denmark only before 2 weeks, I can wait till April 2009(to reach 6 months), Attending H1B interview after such long time effects my descission, Please give your suggesion.

Comment

Originally posted by harish_aginati
          Hi OMM

I have read in this forum saying if you are residing in a country(I am on a work permit in my case) from more then 6 months you can attend personal interview in that country. But I came to Denmark only before 2 weeks, I can wait till April 2009(to reach 6 months), Attending H1B interview after such long time effects my descission, Please give your suggesion.
          I am also indian citizen, I am working at Italy since 8months, I applied at Milan USA consulate, me & my wife got the visa without any problem or PIMS or without any verification or notice. you are in EU Schengen so, rules is of EU-Schenge current residence rules, did you applied or you have residence permit right?? then you will apply.

Comment

Originally posted by italianjob
            I am also indian citizen, I am working at Italy since 8months, I applied at Milan USA consulate, me & my wife got the visa without any problem or PIMS or without any verification or notice. you are in EU Schengen so, rules is of EU-Schenge current residence rules, did you applied or you have residence permit right?? then you will apply.
            Hi Italianjob,

When did you apply? I think you applied after 6 months of your stay in Italy. My problem is I came to Denmark only before 2 weeks. My question is will USA counsulate ask me to go to Indian counslate?
            what is the latest date I can go for a personal interview for 2009 slot?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X