H4 renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 renewal

Hi I just recently got my h4 visa renewed and i need to travel to India this month.. the problem is my husabnd and i tried to get an appointment in Canada to get the visa stamped before travelling but there seems to be none available till dec. Since we need to be bk in teh country in 3 weeks time my i am planning to travel alone .Now will it be a problem if i travelled to India and tried to get it stamped from there with just my husband's visa approval paper or will i be needing the copy of his stamp on the passport and will there be more delay in India?

Primay need not be there for dependent to get their visa stamp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Since my husband has not got his renewed visa stamped on the passport.. the only proof i will be having is his approval notice.. So will that be a problem for me if i travel to india and try to get it stamped there without his visa stamped? or will i be stuck until he comes to India and get his stamped too? Please help!

Comment

I said No earlier.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi ,

As already mentioned by txh1b that your husband is not required to be present when you go for your H4 visa stamped in India.

You can check for the complete list of documents required for H4 Visa Stamping in immihelp.
          But main documents are :
          (a) Your Husband's Apporval Notice - I797
          (b) His I-129 and LCA Papers
          (c) If his Visa expired in the passport - then his extended I-94
          (d) Original Marriage Certificate
          (e) Wedding Photos.

---Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}