Efren Hernandez memo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efren Hernandez memo

Can you please tell me how I can search for Efren Hernandez memo? I used the Search option on the site but it gives me the threads with questions from members only

An opinion letter by Efren Hernandez, Chief, Business and Trade Services Branch, dated July 16, 2004, indicates that there is not an abandonment of an application for change of nonimmigrant status from F-1 to H-1B even though the alien travels outside the USA so long as the H-1B petition is approved prior to travel and the travel occurs while the applicant is still in F-1 status. Although this is an opinion letter and not always considered binding on CIS, it is important because aliens need to travel while waiting for the beginning of their H-1B status and there was concern that the change of nonimmigrant status would be considered abandoned if an alien travels while still in F-1 status.

I had the link and am looking. You can look on USCIS website under press releases section for the memo in that date range.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b. I am clear now.

I initially thought it was a posting on this forum I will check USCIS website.

Comment

Still looking and did not find it. I think it was one of the memos that had a HQP#. I posted the link once on another forum after a good amount of search but the admins removed the link and my post as well.

Post it here if you find it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X