Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal at Mumbai - URGENT - Reply requested today if possible

Hello,

I am in US on H1 visa since Oct 2005. Since then I have traveled back and forth to India couple of times. I changed my employers twice since the time I got my first H1. My first H1 visa expired in Sept 2008 and I got an extension approval petition up to Sept 2011. So I have my extension petition.

I plan to go to Mumbai for a week so that means that I have to go to the consulate to get another H1 stamping and that will be for another 3 years.

My wife is on H4 and she is in USA. Only I will be traveling for a week to Mumbai.

Questions -

1. Do I need to carry all documents that I carried when I went for my first H1 visa stamping? If yes, what documents would you recommend. Please give examples if possible.

2. Is it possible that the consulate in Mumbai might reject my H1 renewwal visas?
    (I cannot afford that because I just got married in Feb 2008 and cannot have my wife live here without me for a longer period. Also, I have other things here that cannot be abandoned - like car, apt lease, bank accounts, credit cards etc.)

3. Under what circumstances can they reject me a H1B renewal visa stamping?

I have to travel next week so a reply today will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by appusheth; 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi TXH1B,

So even for a renewal visa I need to prepare these entire set of documents???

Comment

In most cases, it is not that important. It is good to have.

At the end of the day, it depends on the company that you work for. I have never prepared all those documents listed due to the mere fact that I work for a public listed branded company that VOs can identify just by the name.

So tax documents, project documents etc were never taken. All I take is my manager's visiting card and my immigration counsel's card, if they have any questions about the project docs to hand it over as most of my projects are confidential in nature.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The company that I work in is small. They have 50 employees only and around 10 mn in sales.

We dont have any office in USA. All people employed by us are working with client. We are technical recruiters kind of. And all out internal staff work from their respective homes. We do have a postal box mailing address which is our corporate address.

I think its risky for me to leave the country right now. Specially when my wife is new to the country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X