Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow slip at mumbai consulate

Hi,
    I appeared for Visa interview on 06th Oct 08. And I had handed over yellow slip and ticketed the oprion which says " When administrative Process is completed on your case, the consular section will notify you to submit your passport and documents". But consular kept my passport with him.
    so what is the possibility of getting visa stamped. What is this Sdministrative Process?.
    Please reply.
    Thanks,
    Reddy

Hi,

Please search the forum for "Administrative Processing"- you will get lot of information on it.

It is basically - checking of the documents like authenticity of I-797 etc.

You cannot tell how much it will take but generally 2 weeks or may be less- You cannot say it.

---Abhay

Comment

Since you say that the VO took your passport then be happy you might get the visa soon..like 2-3weeks (if everything goes fine).

Usually if the VO feels that the AP will take time then he will handover the passport to the applicant.

-E

Originally posted by reddy25in
      Hi,
      I appeared for Visa interview on 06th Oct 08. And I had handed over yellow slip and ticketed the oprion which says " When administrative Process is completed on your case, the consular section will notify you to submit your passport and documents". But consular kept my passport with him.
      so what is the possibility of getting visa stamped. What is this Sdministrative Process?.
      Please reply.
      Thanks,
      Reddy

Comment

I got my passport without stamping.
        Whats next? I am confused and worried.
        Do I need to contact consulate? How can I track my case?

Comment

What else did you get with it? I think you have to assume a longer admin processing for your case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I got only passport, I already given yellow slip, Now I got just passport. I am worried. What will be there with Administrative Process?
            Wht is the chance of getting visa?

Comment

Guys please share if anyone one of you have any knowledge on admin process and how much time it will take.

Thanks

Comment

Technology alert list

see if your job involves working in any of the 16 functional domaina listed in

these come under technology alert list of the DOS and you need to go a mandatory security review. this takes anywhre between few months, to several months or even upto a year in few worst cases.

i am waiting in a similar situation since 3 months.

Comment

PIMS delays

mrafeeq,
                  Does your job fall under any of these categories that you mentioned?
                  Did you receive any updates in these 3 months?
                  Did you go to Mumbai Consulate?

Hope this get resolved for you soon.

Comment

Yes my functional domain i.e., biotechnology comes under the technology alert list. my case is pending since 4 months. i have submitted my passport 3 months back.

Comment

You just have to wait, you cannot do anything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X