Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my Hi receipt number

Hi
    I lost my H1 receipt number( i never received it from my employer).MY employer was very responsive till September and after than i couldn't get hold of him .Its been one month i have been trying to reach him ,but he is not responding .Since i don't have the receipt number i cant check the status .Last time my employer told it was in RFE status .

Since my employer is absconding is there any way to get my receipt number. (Luckily he didnt take any money from me )i cant take any decisions without knowing the status.Can i call uscis to get the recipt number or is there any place where i can search using my name or passport number or social etc.

Please help me
    Thanks
    thomas
    Last edited by summerpolice; 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM.

As H1b is employer's petition, USCIS will NOT reveal any information to you. It has to be the employer or the attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can i contact any other employer to get the details and there by initiating the transfer ?
      or
      Can i directly get with any attorney to get this or should i need to go through the employers attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by summerpolice
        Can i contact any other employer to get the details and there by initiating the transfer ?
        or
        Can i directly get with any attorney to get this or should i need to go through the employers attorney.
        What makes you think it could be possible that way? No.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Are you saying there is no way to get the receipt number . Are u suggesting to ignore the whole thing and start applying fresh next year.

What a mess

Comment

H1b is employer's petition. Nothing about it is disclosed outside to the candidate. Only the employer or the lawyer that has filed the petition with a G-28 can get the case information.

If you know the lawyer that filed the case, you can see if they will give you any info. They may not due to client confidentiality agreements.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X