Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leapfrog but no I94 issued

Hi,

I have a L1 visa and got my H1 approved this year but since I wanted to continue on my L1 even after Oct 1st, I went for the leapfrog option.

I left the country on Sep 29th to Canada and my I94 was not taken. I re-entered on Oct 2nd but i was not issued any NEW I94. The immigration officer retained my old I94 and only gave a stamp in my passport that i am entering US on 2nd Oct on L1.

Is this ok? Or not getting a NEW I94 is still an issue?

Please respond ASAP because I am continuing to work on my L1 and I do not want do that illegally.

Thanks.

Check with USCIS or immigration office in your port of entry

I would suggest, instead of wasting time waiting for replies call the USCIS and check with them or the immigration office in your port of entry.

Comment

Thank u very much for the response. Actually, today I had contacted the USCIS but they were giving me only generic info adn did not ask me any of my details and so did not answer anything specific to my case.

Could you please help me know, which would be best way to get information from them.

Comment

Infopass

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If we take an appointment through infopass and in case they tell me that both my visas are valid, then will I be in trouble immediately? Will the officer be able to trigger anything against me immediately? What i am trying to ask is, by doing this we are directly letting the immigration officer know what is the status, so are we not putting ourselves in trouble?

Or is there any other way we can know the status details?

Comment

You have been shown a direction. If you don't want to take it, talk to your attorney.

There is a difference between being illegal and being out of status. They mean different things.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I am ready to do what you have suggested. I just wanted to confirm before doing it.

In my case I dont think i am out of status, because I had been admitted into US on 2nd Oct on L1. And since I was not in the US on 1st Oct, my H1 should not have got activated.

Only because I did not get a new I94 while re-entering, I am again worried and want to verify.

I will try the infopass. That seems to be the only alternative right now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X