Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer insisting on using ead not h1b

Hi,

I finished my six years of h1b on Aug 30, 2008. I concurrently filed my I-140 under NIW on July 26, 2007. My last H1B renewal petition was filed on June 30, 2008 for a 1-year extension. The USCIS has approved the H1B extension, but now my employer is saying that I am not eligible to using it.

My employer is saying that since the extension was filed less than 365 days before the receipt of I140, I am not eligible for a 7th year of H1B. This is after USCIS has approved the extension!!! They are saying that I am out of status and want me to apply for EAD.

How can I convince them that the 365 day rule applies from the Aug 30, 2008 not the filing of I140. Please help me present my case out of this insanity.

Thanks.

I did not understand your problem. Based on the little that I understood, If you qualified for a 6 year term until Aug 2008, that is when you can work until. After that, you need to get another extension based on I140 approval or use EAD.
    Last edited by txh1b; 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X