H1/H4 pink 221(g) at Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 pink 221(g) at Chennai

So I was at the Chennai consulate on 09/19 for my H1 (and my wife's H4) interview and the officer gave me a pink 221(g) after going through my passport. She didn't ask me much either. This pink 221(g) didn't ask for any further documents or 'RESPOND TO QUESTIONNAIRE' either. It just lists the application IDs (me and my wife's) and asks to wait and check the status on the Chennai Consulate website. This is my second visa (application), the first one being issued in Vancouver in 2005.

I'm still in India right now with my wife.

I had all the valid documents but the officer didn't go through any. She did put in my I797 details though and I had called the consulate abt 2 weeks after my interview date and after confirming on the phone that this (enquiring abt an application) does not delay the application itself.. I was told that my case had been referred to the Department of Homeland Security for clearance which should take about 3 weeks. Now, I must also add that I've been subjected to secondary inspection at San Francisco (my port of entry) when I used my H1 visa (issued at Vancouver) to enter the U.S.

As of now, I have a greencard application already in place and I have approved EAD, 140 and Advance Parole documents as well. The last time I entered the US (in May/08) I showed my H1 and was put on Secondary, but was cleared as soon as I showed them my Advance Parole. My AP is currently valid through Dec/13/2008.

Also, my wife's employer (Wipro) had applied for her H1 before our wedding, and this H1 petition has since been approved (with a valid WAC number). I'm wondering if my wife could just attend the H1 interview based on Wipro's client letter and if her pending H4 visa application (that's tied to my H1 visa application) would cause any problems. Is there a way to call/contact the Consulate and let them know that we'd like to retract/withdraw our H1/H4 application?

I need to get back to the US soon and was wondering if I could travel on my AP while my wife travels on her H1(when she gets a valid stamp).. provided of course that we're able to cancel our H1/H4 application that still shows as 'PENDING PROCESSING' in the online case status link on the consulate website.

I'm hoping since my last secondary went through real quick because of my Advance Parole.. this 'clearance' from DHS should come through pretty soon and I get to send in my documents/passport(s).

Thanks in advance..

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X