Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi Experts

My petition got approved with COS this year from company A (I already started working).

1. If I transfer it now to company B with PP will I get another I-94?
    2. do I need to provide pay stub of October if transfer is applied before Oct 15th?
    3. Do I need to go for stamping if this transfer approved without I-94?
    4. Can I go back with employer A in future if transfer approved/not approved?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by syspine; 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM.

1. Yes, if EOS is approved.
    2. Not needed initially but USCIS will ask for it in a RFE most likely.
    3. Yes. That would also mean that you dont have apystubs and have not worked and maintained your status.
    4. Yes. That would mean the work for employer B was unauthorized if the H1b filed did not qualify for portability.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you txh1b

At present I cannot go for stamping.
      Do you think I am taking chance by transferring H1B to company B?

Comment

I would go for a PP on the transfer, continue work with current employer till it gets approved and then move to the new employer. This would be the safest approach.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b

answer is much clear now but may be I am not describing question.

I would go for a PP on the transfer, continue work with current employer till it gets approved and then move to the new employer. This would be the safest approach.
          If transfer to company B approved without I-94(which may require stamping) and if I decide to stick with company "A" do I need to do stamping. Or I just continue with company A as if nothing was happened.

Comment

You may continue as if nothing has happened.

Comment

Thank you for your time txh1b

You have lots of patience....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X