name correction on H1B and other docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name correction on H1B and other docs

I incorrectly filled in my name (my last name as my first name and middle name as last name) for the first H1B and subsequently on Social Security application, unfortunately my passport was showing only full name starting with last name, so i was able to continue with this error for last 4 years.

Now i got my new passport corrected but want to know how i can get H1B, Social Security card and other docs corrected. I have my visa valid till 2010 and i am little scared to travel now since my new passport last name and the last name in visa are different. Greatly appreciate your help!

It has to go through an amendment process. SSN will verify I-94 name and if they don't match, they may not correct. You can take thec orrected passport to SSA and try.

You need to get it corrected at every place otherwise, you will have problems. Your tax returns will get denied if the names don't match the SSN. Get on it ASAP.

What made you sit tight for 4 years?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much, appreciate your response. I will start correction process with H1 amendement

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X