Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What address need to be filled in DS-156

Hi,

My wife is an Indian citizen and currently residing in U.S.A. She is going to India on vacation and planning for visa extension stamping. She has already booked the appointment. She has a question on DS-156 in column 15 (Home address). What address would it be? Is it current address in U.S.A or India address? Please tell me.

Thanks alot for your help.

US address ..

Comment

Ensure the return address for the courier service is in India They ask for it separately. DS156 can have US address.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

When my wife went for her H4 Visa stamping

She put the INDIAN ADDRESS in Column 15 of DS-156 where she is staying currently in India.

US address was put in Column 24.

Both the Columns can not have US address i.e. 15 and 24.
        Because u should have a indian address mentioned atleast once in DS-156 which is Column 15.

---Abhay

Comment

Hi,

The reason why I am saying when u r finally done and print all the documents .
          Document - "Confirmation of appointment for a US Visa Interview"
          has the details - "the passport will be courired to" (As mentioned by txh1b) - now this line
          takes the address details from your column - 15 of DS-156 which is HOME ADDRESS.

---Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X