Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewed.Old PP has H1b visa. New PP does not have old PP number

Hi,
    My current passport expires in Jan 2009 and it has H1B visa till Sep 30, 2009. I;ve renewed my passport just now and received the new passport today. The new passport does not have the old passport number. I'm planning to travel to US on H1b after Jan 2009. Since my new passport does not have the old passport number, will this be a problem at port of entry (my old pp has the H1b visa and new pp does not have the H1b visa). I'm planning to carry both old & new passports during travel. Please help me out.Thanks in advance.

Srujana
    Last edited by srujanap; 10-18-2008, 09:39 AM.

Does the old PP have the stamp Canceled and all existing visas are still valid?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the immediate response. My old passport has got a stamp that says "Old passport valid/bears valid visa". It's not cancelled. And I'm planning to travel to US after the expiry date (27th Jan 09) of my old passport. If I carry both my new and old passports, would that be enough?

I'm really wondering why the passport office people are not filling out the old passport number on the newly issued pp as they are giving a new pp number when renewed after 10 years of issue.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      Srujana

Comment

Carry both the PPs. You will be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Carry both the PPs. You will be fine.
          Thank you once again.

Srujana

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X