Where to appear for H1 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to appear for H1 interview

I am a Pakistani national currently working in Dubai as Software Engineer since previous eight months on resident visa.
    USCIS has sent my h1 approval and related documents to US consulate Islamabad Pakistan, since at time of filing H1 petition, my US employer mentioned my home country as Pakistan and concerned consulate as Islamabad.
    Please advise whether my documents are also shared with US consulate Dubai or this consulate will ask my employer for further documentation after the interview which may take some extra time for completion of entire process.
    In brief, please advise that If I appear at US consulate Dubai for the interview, will it take more time for verification and stamping as compared to the situation if I appear for the interview in my home country (since documents have been sent to US consulate Islamabad), or it will not have any time impact.
    Thanks ....

Hi,

Following is my opinion/answers:

For Interview - VO can ask for any documents which are required.
    So u should be prepared with all the documents/list related to u and the documents related to ur employer.
    Please see the immihelp list for the documents and search the forum for more details.

If u appear at US Consulate Dubai - VO can/may Re-Direct u to US Consulate Islamabad as ur H1 approval notice says the Consulate -Islamabad.
    So it will be a loss of time for u.
    as per opinion u should take the interview from Islamabad.

---Abhay

Comment

Thanks Abhay for your reply. This information really helped me. However I would like to ask that is it necessary anyway to appear for interview in that consulate which has been mentioned at approval notice.

thanks.....

Comment

Hi,

It is not mandatory that u have to appear at the same consulate mentioned in approval notice . But it is better to avoid any complications/delays.

People have got Visa at other consulates and people have been re-directed also to the consulates mentioned in approval notice.

---Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X