No announcement yet.

H1B -- 2 Pay stubs for the same month!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B -- 2 Pay stubs for the same month!!

Hello all,

Here is my situation. I did H1B transfer from company A to B and quit A on 16th Dec 2007 and joined B on 17th Dec 2007.

Company A withholds 4 weeks salary and they paid only 2 weeks on 31st Dec 2007. And the remaining amount was paid by Company A on Mar 31, 2008 and also A generated my Pay stub for Mar 2008 month. Actually I didn't work for company A after i quit the company on Dec 17th 2007.

My current employer (B) also generated a pay stub for the month Mar 2008.

Will this be an issue? Is it not illegal to have two pay stubs for the same duration. I did not work for them when they generated a stub. It was company A's mistake to have generated a pay stub after I quit.

I don't have any letter from company A that I quit company A services.

Please let me know if there is an issue with my situation.

Thanks in advance,
    KK

====================================================

I forgot to mention one more point here. Today My current employer asked me that Am I still working for other employers? As per Current employer policy, I should not work for other employers. He told me that he got the complaint from multiple sources that I am working for other companies.

====================================================
    Last edited by itsvtk; 10-21-2008, 10:42 PM.

It is fine to get paid for previous work periods after you quit the job. Nothing illegal about it.

Your previous employer is just BSing with you as he has no right to enforce what you do.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X