Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamped in chennai

Hi,
    I am thankful to all the people who have been answering queries in this forum. It has been very useful to thousands of people like me.

I had my interview in chennai this week and got my visa stamped. Wanted to share my experience. Here is how it went:

Me: Good morning maam.
    Interviewer: (Didnt look up, just smiled.)
    Interviewer : pls hand over the DS156 & the other forms.
    I did.
    Interviewer : So how long have you been working with your current company.
    I answer appropriately.
    Interviewer: How did you get to know about this H1B sponsoring company?
    Me: Through one of my friends who works for the company.
    Interview: I see that the sponsoring company is a consultant. Which client will you be working for?
    Me : I am going to work on an inhouse project.
    Interviewer: But i see that this company is into consulting.
    Me: They are. But they also have some inhouse projects that I will work on. [At this point i gave a brief description of the project]
    Interviewer: Ok. Your visa is stamped.
    Me: Thanks.

Most of the interviewers were friendly and I saw that most of the visas were getting approved. But I did notice that if you say that you are working on an inhouse project & if your sponsoring company is a consultant, they raise an eyebrow. But answer confidently and show them the project description. You should be fine.

Also, if you are working for a client, donot forget to take a letter from the client.

I wish all the best to all the people who have there interviews scheduled in the near future.

Congratz!!

Was this your first time stamping?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X