Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Experience at Tijuana on 21st

All
    I went to Tijuana yesterday for my H1 extension stamping. This is how it went.
    I flew to Tijuana on 20th night and stayed in a hotel. I made arrangement with San Diego Leisure to take care of this trip. They picked me up at 7.30 and we are at the consulate by 8.15. There are 2 more F1-H1s through San Diego Leisure. All 3 went together and got tokens in order. We had to wait for 15 mins before they called us for finger prints and photo. Then we had to wait for an hour and half for the actual interview.
    Went like this.
    VO: Good morning sir, can I have your passport, 156,157 and 797.
    Greeted her and handed the documents to her.
    She spent about 5 mins looking at her screen. Then
    VO: I am sorry, its taking a while for me, I am going through your comany background information. How have they been treating you?
    Me: Very well, I haven't changed any employer since my first H1. They are very well.
    VO: Who is your client right now?
    Me: XX Company
    VO: When did you start working with this client?
    Me: Staring from XX
    VO: Who was your client before that?
    At this point I mentioned all my previous clients without any gap.
    VO: Do you know your supervisor's phone number?
    Me: Yes madam, Call the business phone number on 156 and ask for XX. I have also brought a client letter if you like to have a look at.
    VO: Yes, can I have a look.
    Handed the letter to her. She read it and dialed the phone number.
    She called my manager and asked her to confirm if I am actually working there by mentioning my name and how much longer the project could go. I could hear the conversation between VO and my manager.
    VO: Very well sir, your visa has been approved. Please come and collect your passport and 797 at 3PM by showing this slip.
    Me: Thanks a lot, Have a good day madam.
    VO: You too sir.

One of the F1-H1s got the stamping done but the other one got 221(g). But he did basic mistakes like said Yes to "Have you paid for H1?" and his employer didn't respond when the consulate tried to contact them etc. Both were asked for client letters.

While coming back San Diego Leisure took us through a different border crossing and there was no queue at all. It took less than 20 mins to get new i-94 and cross the border.
    Go San Diego Leisure,
    Trust me guys, if you are planning to Tijuana go with them. I got their contact information from Tijuana stamping info page from this web site.

Any questions let me know.
    Thanks for all your valuable advices.
    Srikant
    Last edited by talasila80; 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X