Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping

Hello,

I am graduating in June 2009. But with the help of dean's letter I will get H1 sponsorship from one company. Consider my H1 is approved in April 2009. So in april I will go to mexico and get my visa stamped and re enter in USA on F1 status. In june 2009 after I graduate my I-94 (student status) expires.

Now I have H1 visa but no student status (I-94). Being on H1 visa can I leave USA and go to neighboring countries (canada, mexico) in june after I graduate? And then can I re enter on H1 visa within 2 days? When you get F1 visa the normal rules are that student holding an F1 visa can not enter USA within 30 days of start date in school. Is there entry restriction for H1 visa? The H1 start date is 1st october of any given year. How many days prior to October 1st can you enter USA?

Originally posted by yogeggan2
    Hello,

I am graduating in June 2009. But with the help of dean's letter I will get H1 sponsorship from one company.
    Not many people had luck with this approach unless all requirements for graduation were completed prior to H1b being applied for.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X