Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamped in London !

Hi All,

First of all thanks to all and the immihelp for the information this site has provided.

I got my H1 visa stamped from London US embassy.
    It was a pretty simple and straight forward interview. Was asked the basic questions like

-How long have you been in UK ?
    -Which visa are you on in UK ?
    -Details of the current company ?
    -Highest degree ?
    -Name of the company in USA and what it does ?
    -Is it an Indian company ? - I think he was checking out the website at this point...and he said so they just have an office in NJ...I said yes...
    -What you'd be doing there ?

Before going to the interview, I had a big doubt if people on Work Permit in UK can attend visa interview in london or not, as there were some people who said people were being redirected to India, if you are on temporary basis in UK.

In my case I have been here for 1.5 years and also did my masters from UK.
    So what I found out was, if you have been here for more than 6 months or if you have your highest degree from UK, then you would not have any problem.

Please let me know if you need any more information about the process in London US embassy.

Guys...one quick question...when we go for stamping, is the I-797 retained with the visa officer, if your visa is approved ?

Comment

No, I797 has to be returned to you as you need it to enter US. They will return it with your passport sometimes.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X