Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - H1 void COS

Hello,

I'm working in the US on L1B visa from Feb 07 for company A.
    This year (2008), I applied for H1 Visa from company B with COS from L1 to H1..
    My case was picked up in the lottery and was sent to USCIS for processing.
    I got my I797C form.

I decided not to work on H1 as the market situation is bad and continue on L1Since company B applied with COS, I had no option but to travel and get a new I94 on L1B.

I thought my H1 will be approved before Oct 01 2008 so that Leap frog helps but still my H1 is pending. Not sure why ?

I travelled on the pending H1 and came back on Oct 14 on L1 with new I94.

My questions are:

1) If my H1 gets approved, will USCIS send my H1 with a new I94 ?
    2) Will this new I94 (in point a) be the latest I94 or will the one that I have from Oct 14 is the new I94 ?
    3) Will the USCIS know that I travelled on the pending H1 ?
    4) If I get a new I94 attached to H1 from the USCIS, will it be an auto change of status from L1 to H1?
    5) In my current stays, can I work on L1 after I get my H1 ?

Please let me know.

1. If you travelled before the H1b was approved, the COS is voided. It does not matter if they send one with I-94 or not.
    2. The one you had on Oct 14 will hold good as travel voids COS.
    3. Depends on if they check the I-94 before approving your petition. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
    4. #1.
    5. Yes

Talk to your lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes, I travelled to my home country on pending H1.
      I'm in the US on L1 and still H1 is pending.

1) I think I'm safe. Is it so ?

2) Also, L1 company plans to file for L1 extn. Can I apply for it in Jan 09 assuming my H1 is approved ?

3) Will L1 company come to know that I've an H1 also ?

Comment

yes, yes, no.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

To txh1b:

my friend got receipt number for L1-H1B Amendment with COS in premium processing. How long it may take to have H1B approval notice in premium processing? If he resigns to L1b employer having a receipt number, will it be a legal status (ofcourse he may not start work on H1 until case approved).

In worst case RFE comes what are the issues for out of status or illigal work.

Comment

Txh1b: Will you please respond to my question. Thanks.

Comment

Refer to other similar posts. Plenty on the forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X