L1-h1 Cos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks txh1b,

1. I started the process when I was in US ie) Feb 2008 and sent the I-94 to my H1 employer in Feb.

2. March 1st week, I returned to India and sent all required documents to H1 employer from India(except I-94..coz I already sent old I-94 when I was in US)

4. My H1 employer filed my H1 application on 1st week of April. During H1 filing, I was in India.

5. I came to US on April 14, 2008 and stayed till May 19, 2008

6. I went to India again on May 19th, 2008 for my marriage.

5) After marriage, I returned to US on June 02, 2008.

But I got my H1 petition along with my I-94 attached.

L1 I-94 valid till : 14-Oct-2010
    H1 I-94 valid from 01-Oct-2008 until 20-Sep-2011

I heard if I travel out of country before my approval, COS is void. I came to US after my H1 is filed and went to India for 15 days after filing. How did I get H1 COS?

Details from I-797A:

receipt date: May 8, 2008
    Notice date: July 09, 2008

Application type: I129

pls adivse

Comment

You did not answer my specific question from my previous post about the I-94 number. You are on L1 now and will continue to be on L1. When did your H1b get approved?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Txh1b,

L1 visa I-94 valid till : 14-Oct-2010
        H1 visa I-94 valid from 01-Oct-2008 until 20-Sep-2011

Here is the story:

1. I started the process when I was in US ie) Feb 2008 and sent the I-94 to my H1 employer in Feb.

2. March 1st week, I returned to India and sent all required documents to H1 employer from India(except I-94..coz I already sent old I-94 when I was in US)

4. My H1 employer filed my H1 application on 1st week of April. During H1 filing, I was in India.

5. I came to US on April 14, 2008 and stayed till May 19, 2008

6. I went to India again on May 19th, 2008 and returned back on June 02, 2008.

But I got my H1 petition along with my I-94 attached.

L1 I-94 valid till : 14-Oct-2010
        H1 I-94 valid from 01-Oct-2008 until 20-Sep-2011

I heard if I travel out of country before my approval, COS is void. I came to US after my H1 is filed and went to India for 15 days after filing. How did I get H1 COS?

Details from I-797A:

receipt date: May 8, 2008
        Notice date: July 09, 2008
        Application type: I129

Pls advise.

Comment

You still did not answer my specific question and keep repeating the info provided earlier. Do the latest I-94 from airport and the H1b I-94 numbers match?

My patience is being tested here, I guess!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Airport I-94 and H1B I-94 does not match. They both have different numbers.

I filed my H1 when I was in India and came to US on April 14 and returned to India on May 19th.

Again, I traveled to US on June 2nd. How did I get H1 COS?

Comment

You have been told that you can ignore the COS as your last action I-94 at airport is what is valid. For one last time, travel on a pending H1b petition voids COS. I am done here.

Read through the posts and you will know why it happens sometimes.

If it still is a concern for you, go talk to an attorney.

Comment

hi txh1b,

I discussed with attorney and he told I am working legally on L1 status as my H1 COS is void. also,he mentioned USCIS did a mistake by sending H1 COS with I-94.

I still expect a reply from you to close this issue.

Pls review my earlier information and give me a final reply.

Thanks

Comment

You keep prolonging something that has been confirmed, re-confiremd, re-affirmed, and double confirmed so many times until now.

I don't understand the need to prolong this anymore.

As of 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM , I have told you were on L1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X