Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

h1b transfer without previous original petition ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b transfer without previous original petition ?

Hi,

I have h1b visa thru X company. I quitted the company and joined Y company.
    But when leaving X company i submitted my original petitions ( was forced to give) . Now in company Y can i apply for h1b transfer without previous original petition ? please provide details?

Note: I have not traveled US before. i have xerox copies of petition. Visa valid till 2010.

Thanks
    akash

Original petition is not needed for anything other than stamping and entry. Copies are good for your purpose. For transfer from current company, you just need a copy of current I-94/petition. Why is the old one still a concern for you?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi,

thanks for the response . Many of my frnds told that it is not possible to transfer without the original petition of previous company.

So no need to worry abt previous company petition . I will get a new one from the current company and only my satmped passport is enough to do the transfer process. Please correct my understanding.

Thanks,
      Akash

Comment

Look, I cant keep confirming, reconfirming and reconfirming something that has already been clearly explained.

I could rather help someone else in the time spent on such posts explaining and confirming again and again. I have ran into couple of such posts lately.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X