Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed for H1b Interview

Hi ,

I got My H1b Approval and planning for Visa Interview. I got the documents from my Employer. I have few queries regarding H1B visa interview & documents

1) My Employer wants me to attend visa interview @ Mumabi consulate & they specified this in I –797 petition which is filed for USCIS . Actually I don't belong to Mumbai region and even I don't have any address proof in mumbai. I am currently working in Hyderabad and staying here from last 2 years .

Can I Attend the Chennai consulate for visa interview instead of Mumabi consulate (as Specified in the petition).. Please let me know process to be followed.

2) In My Education evaluation, My Employer just evaluated Diploma (3 years) & B.Tech (3 years). They ignored my P.G (M.tech –2 years) . But in all other supporting documents they specified my highest degree as M.Tech .

"What is the reason for not considering my P.G (M.Tech) for education credentials evaluation. As I already had 16 years of education is that reason for not considering P.G for education Evaluation"

Your help is greatly appreciated and waiting desperately for some answers to my queries

Thanks
    Murali Lekkala

Very Very Urgent .. Plz some one help abt my H1b interview

I am desperately looking for someone who can guide me in this situation..

Your help is greatly Appreciated

Thank
    Murali Member

Comment

My 2 cents !

Hi ,
      I am not a immigration expert or a lawyer. Just sharing my experience.

For 1 - You can to chennai consulate , and it is better to go to chennai consultate if you belong to that jurisdiction. My brother was in the same dilemma and he actually emailed the Chennai us consulate ( google it for email address ) and they responded that he can go any consulate. He also succesfully got his visa stamped.

For 2 - I am not sure , i think H1B required only a 5 year degree equivalent. Your diploma and Btech makes up to 5 years and should suffice. Your Mtech should not be a show stopper for visa stamping , but as always carry every document with you

Tx

Originally posted by lekkala
      Hi ,

I got My H1b Approval and planning for Visa Interview. I got the documents from my Employer. I have few queries regarding H1B visa interview & documents

1) My Employer wants me to attend visa interview @ Mumabi consulate & they specified this in I –797 petition which is filed for USCIS . Actually I don't belong to Mumbai region and even I don't have any address proof in mumbai. I am currently working in Hyderabad and staying here from last 2 years .

Can I Attend the Chennai consulate for visa interview instead of Mumabi consulate (as Specified in the petition).. Please let me know process to be followed.

2) In My Education evaluation, My Employer just evaluated Diploma (3 years) & B.Tech (3 years). They ignored my P.G (M.tech –2 years) . But in all other supporting documents they specified my highest degree as M.Tech .

"What is the reason for not considering my P.G (M.Tech) for education credentials evaluation. As I already had 16 years of education is that reason for not considering P.G for education Evaluation"

Your help is greatly appreciated and waiting desperately for some answers to my queries

Thanks
      Murali Lekkala

Comment

Go to the consulate that you belong to. Mumbai will redirect you back to chennai.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X