Is Transit Visa Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Transit Visa Required

I am on H1B visa and currently in US with an expired visa on my PP but have approved H1B extension. I am going to India on November 22nd by AirIndia. I have a stop over of two hours at London. I called up Air India customer care and they said I don't have to get down at London as the same flight goes to India. Do I need a transit visa for UK?

Tranist visa

I am on H1B visa and currently in US with an expired visa on my PP but have approved H1B extension. I am going to India on November 22nd by AirIndia. I have a stop over of two hours at London. I called up Air India customer care and they said I don't have to get down at London as the same flight goes to India. Do I need a transit visa for UK?

---- If your stay in London (UK) is over 6 hours (even if you stay only at the airport) then you need a transit visa. Below 6 hours you do not need a transit visa even if the flight is delayed beyond 6 hours due ti no fault of yours or other passengers

---- For 2 hours stay, you will not be getting down the airplane and thus there is no need of a tranist visa

Subramanya

Comment

As per the rules, you need a visa. But on Airindia, it kinda works different as I have never seen anyone open my passport to check when I travelled using AI in London/Frankfurt. They just handout the transit cards to everyone getting out of the flight.

I am not sure if things have changed recently. In short, you are taking a chance without a transit visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X