Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-b temporary worker work issues or problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-b temporary worker work issues or problems?

hello,
    I am thinking of applying for H1-B visa for temporary work.
    I have heard horror stories about how H1-B workers get abused - is this true?
    Is there a bulletin board on the internet where H1-B air their frustrations and grievances and problems and issues and suggestions?
    If I work as H1-B will I be a bonded worker who has signed a contract to work for same employer? Is it like being an indentured or slave worker?
    Is it easy to change jobs? How long does it take? Are companies open to hiring H1-B? Will I be in-status?
    Will I be working regular hours or will there be pressure to work evenings and weekends?
    Will I get big raises and bonuses and overtime and promotions or will I just get extra work?
    Will I be doing the more interesting and cutting edge work or will I be forced to do whatever work they give me?
    Will I face psychological abuse and head games - will they keep blaming me for mistakes and keep finding faults and yelling and bullying?
    The company is promising a very rosy job during the interview process - if this job does not materialize then will the company be held liable?
    Is there anywhere to complain if I face problems? Will the company terminate my employment if I complain? Should I worry about being out-of-status if I complain?
    Should I apply for green card - will this help in getting a better job? Or does applying for green create more troubles?
    I am new to this - any insight or advice or help or information is truely appreciated. I just don't want to get into a situation where I feel I am stuck or have wasted many years of my life. I hope you will share your experiences and ideas and views.
    Thank you for reading my question - god bless!
    Last edited by samlynn; 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM.

You are asking for too many things in one post. You need to do some research and spend time to get the answers.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X