Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Time for H1B stamping.

Hi ALL,

I have got approval from INS and need to go for H1B stamping. I have few questions on which i need expert inputs.. pls help :

1. My employer is saying it not good time go for stamping and is asking to wait till Jan. Is it good wait till jan..? what your opinion on current stamping situation.

2.Once i get H1B stamped, is there any time limit before which i need to be in US ? I heard that there can be some questions asked at port of entry incase we travel late after stamping..can you some insight on this..

3. is good go for salary based pay structure or percentage based pay structure. I going to USA first time, have more than 6 years experience. what are pros and cons of both..

Thanks in Advance for answers to above questions..

Regards,

You need to follow your employer's instructions. He is to provide you with a job and will offer the terms of your contract. If he is a end user, you will likely be on salary; if he is a consultant, you will likely be on percentage unless you are placed on long term contract.

Under no circumstances should you travel if you believe there is no work for you as you will affect your long term opportunities is the US.

Comment

3. The employer is required to pay you all the time at least the amount on the LCA. That is the law. Does not matter if you are on salary or percentage basis.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X