Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with employer

Hello All,
    I recently came to USA on H1-B and I am working for a company here.
    My employer is not paying me properly and he is not even running on Health insurance.

What should I do now.
    If I complain against them, will they be able to cancel my H1-B.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Deepthi.

First things first ...

... if by running on Health Insurance you mean your employer's not offering you health insurance and over this you have other issues, then you need to find another good employer and move on.

Once you're with another good employer, then you can and should file appropriate complaints against this employer.

There's a lot of valuable information in this forum about such issues faced by others. Please go through that and you'll be able to understand additional moves.

In the meantime, make sure all your communication with your employer is polite, professional and in writing, either through e-mails or paper. Retain this documentation elsewhere, not in your office. Write to them requesting, note the word request, for proper health insurance coverage, then write to them requesting you be paid properly as agreed upon with your contract or offer letter etc. Put all details properly, yet politely so as not to aggravate them at the moment, only when the time comes!

Good luck.
    Last edited by knowledgeable; 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X