Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply H1 transfer and H1 extension simultaneously

Hi,

I am working for company A.I got offer from Comp B.
    Comp B says they file my H 1transfer under normal processing and they allow me to join them only after my petition gets approved(H1 transfer) not after getting the receipt number.

I have current petition valid only till 15thfeb2009.For safe side I want to go ahead and apply for extension.

Question :
    Can I go ahead and apply extension with company A and transfer with company B simultaneoulsy?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thnaks,
    Sravan

You don't have to ...

... transfer in most cases does automatically include extension too.

I may be possibly wrong, but this is what I've seen in many a case.

See what the other may have to say based on their experiences and information.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
      ... transfer in most cases does automatically include extension too.
      I agree.

Comment

I think it is possible to apply for extension and transfer at the same time. But there is some risk.

I know it is not prudent to apply for a transfer while your extension with A is pending. The risk has to do with the bridging status if extension with A is denied for some reason. In your case, you have still not applied for the extension. Talk to an attorney for correct guidance.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

As long as both are applied before your current I-94 expires, you are good to go.

I have read about a case where USCIS asked the attorney who the employee would work for in such a situation of competing petitions in a RFE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X