COS Rejected (H4 to H1)...Travel to India..urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS Rejected (H4 to H1)...Travel to India..urgent

My wife got H1 for 2008 quota as she was out of country..her change of status was rejected.

Her employer told her to go for stamping either to mexico/Canada to get her status change.

She has Valid H4 visa until 2009. There is an family emergency..she wants to go to India.

My question is whether my wife will travel to india on H4 visa and will come back on H4 visa and later she can go for stamping in Mexico/canada for H1 stamping?

Is there are any issues related to this?

Please help me regarding this

No issues with that. If she doesn't have a US degree, the Can/Mex consulate could redirect to the home country and you should be prepared for that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

we got appointment in mexico in feb.

But we have to go india in couple of weeks.

My question is she can travel to india on H4 and comeback on H4 and go for H1 stamping in Mexico in February or earlier?

Thanks

Comment

She should just get stamping in India. If she wishes to begin work upon her return, she should use her H1B to enter.

I do not understand why people will make such great effort to avoid stamping in home country. If the employer and job are real and there is nothing **** in the person's resume and documents, there should be no problems. Why create them by going to Canada or Mexico?

Comment

valid

You have a valid point but....

Unfortunately the rejection rate in india is higher than elsewhere. There is no one to blame but Indians ourselves for this as there were a lot of factors that lead to this situation.

The no.of **** applications, certificates etc leads any small error to cause a rejection.

Comment

If their application will be rejected in India, it should be rejected anywhere else. People who go through these gyrations to avoid scrutiny in their home country are fooling themselves.

VOs are not trying to keep valid visa applicants from getting their visas. If the documentation and reason for the visa is valid and the applicant truthful in the interview, he/she should not fear the outcome.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

their employer told that she can go back to india on H4 and come back on H4 and later go for H1 stamping in mexico in february.

Is this true?

thanks

Comment

What do you mean by its true or not? Its one way of doing it.

Comment

Check current Mexico stamping rules changes.

Comment

Hi vrp2003,

Current Mexico rules doesn't allow you to do COS stamping. No more H4 to H1or F1 to H1 stamping at Mexico.

Comment

Go to India, stamp and come back. Ofcourse, it will cost more but u'll be more safe..... Work smart !!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X